New Jersey Legal Separation Agreement

When the parties to the divorce ask for the separation of the law, we tell them that as lawyers, we have as much work to do for you to make a separation that protects your rights over property, property and children, and we, your lawyers, must do as much for you as if you said divorce. It is possible to prepare an agreement that regulates your rights and obligations with your spouse during a period of separation, but we would not call it a separation agreement, but a conjugal transaction contract. In this agreement, we would address all aspects of your marriage: where you will live; Where children will live The allocation of assets and liabilities; Aimony; Custody of children custody and education issues; Health insurance Life insurance coverage Etc. The more you and your spouse are able to agree, the sooner and easier it will be to receive your separation agreement in writing. If you can`t agree on the terms of your agreement, talk to a lawyer or use a mediator to help you. A marital transaction contract is an enforceable contract as soon as it has been signed by both parties. As long as both parties respect the agreement, if everything you want to do has to be separated, then there is no need to file documents in court. However, if a person does not comply with the marital transaction agreement during the separation, the aggrieved party must file an appeal in court. At this point, you must decide whether you simply ask the court to impose the agreement without divorce, or whether you wish to file for divorce and ultimately include the agreement in a divorce judgment.

The first avenue is called a non-dissolution procedure in which you aspire to execution without ending the marriage; This last way ends the marriage. If a couple does not want an absolute divorce, they can file for divorce from bed and board. It`s legally acceptable. It helps resolve custody, divorce and access. It also helps with issues of submission and share ownership, and you don`t need a formal divorce decree. This option also works if you have religious reasons against divorce. If you are able to work out the terms of the agreement on your own or with the help of a family lawyer, there is no need to go to court.